In the last couple of years, there are many companies that have suddenly popped up that are creating knock-offs and look-alikes of the premium infrared heaters that have been around for years. These are some facts that you should know before buying any infrared heater!
- If the heater advertises 60,000 – 80,000 hour heating elements, then it usually utilizes cheaper PTC elements that are found in ordinary in-wall & space heaters and they DO NOT emit infrared waves. These heaters will not have the efficiency and unique heating properties of infrared heaters.
- Heaters utilizing PTC elements: iHeater, Comfort Quest, Heat Star
- In order for an infrared heater to have efficient heat output and negative ion generation, it must also have copper inside the heating chamber. There are several companies that have taken a short-cut in this regard, and have omitted the copper inside their heating chamber.
- Heaters that do not have copper inside the heating chamber: Heat Smart, Amish infrared heater, Life Smart Amish heater
- Dual DC fans are plastic axial fans that have proven to be noisier and less durable than the single-scroll metal fan utilized by the BioSmart® 1500 watt Heaters. We know because our first model utilized this fan system and then we upgraded to the more expensive, but more durable and quieter, single scroll fan.
- Heaters utilizing the dual plastic axial fans: Comfort Quest, iHeater, Life Smart, Amish Infrared
- Be wary of companies claiming to heat 1,500 square feet. This is an unsubstantiated, bogus claim. The BioSmart® Far Infrared Heater puts out 20% – 25% more heat than any other 1500 watt infrared heater on the market, and we feel that it would be misleading and unethical to claim to effectively heat more than 1,000 sq ft.
- Some companies have an automatic shut-off after 8 hours, and you have to manually restart it every 8 hours. The BioSmart® Far Infrared Heater has quality components that are made to be able to run 24/7 all winter long.
- Heaters that have to be manually restarted every 8 hours: Life Smart, Discovery
- Be wary of cheaper thermostats that have a temperature variance of more than 1 or 2 degrees. It means that the room will get too cold before the heater turns on and too hot before it shuts off. The BioSmart Infrared heater has the most precise thermostat control of 1 degree variance up or down.
- Large variance thermostat: Almost all other infrared heaters.
- Be wary of companies that have plagiarized our, or other companies’, diagrams and website copy to describe their heater. The descriptions and diagrams will not match the heater being sold. That is a way to sell an inferior heater using the design and description attributed to a higher quality heater. The BioSmart® Far Infrared Heater has been rampantly and illegally plagiarized in this way. If it looks and reads anything like our heater, that is because those are likely diagrams and text off our website.
- Heaters lacking in a customer satisfaction money-back-guarantee or a 3 year warranty. All of the heaters should offer you this peace of mind.
- One final and important note regarding electric fireplace heaters, including the Amish fireplace heater: We have not found any electric fireplace heaters on the market that give off infrared heat despite of their claims, because they are not using bone fide infrared heating elements and do not have the necessary copper for wave modification into the necessary far-infrared range! Moreover, many do not have a thermostat, only an on/off switch. They are not able to heat as large an area or come anywhere close to the efficiency of a genuine infrared heater.
- When heating larger areas, place the heater in a central location. The nature of the thermal infrared heat wave is to constantly reach out for more objects to warm.
- If the heater is used in a dirty or dusty area, the filter must be cleaned more frequently. Your BioSmart® Far Infrared Heater will operate best if the air can circulate through the heater unobstructed.